Director of Customer Operations and Strategy
Customer Service, Operations
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2023
Wild Thinkers Welcome
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make existing products better or create new ones to meet customer needs.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us there. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you become a Thrasher, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula or pillow brand we grow, with every kitchen scale we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
About the Role:
The Director of Customer Operations and Strategy is a hands-on operational leader, equal parts Player and Manager, responsible for managing, leading, optimizing, and supporting our Inventory allocations, order replenishment processing and speed-to-customer team. This role will report to the Vice President of Supply Chain Operations. This Director will provide innovative leadership and support of our multi-channel customers through consistent delivery promises and strategic alignment. The operational supply chain leader will own cross functional implementation of customer aligned capabilities. This position is responsible for `20 team members and ensuring replenishment delivery succeeds promises across more than 200 brands. This role will report to the Vice President of Supply Chain Operations.
- Responsible for Thrasio’s Order-to-delivery promise along with on-time-and-in-full (OTIF)
- Accountable for optimizing inventory allocations, sales order processing, replenishment delivery, and speed to customer initiatives
- Continue to build, identify, and understand the supply chain capabilities needed to ensure consistent expectations for our internal and external customers – Amazon, wholesale channels, and major retailers
- Design Thrasio’s ultimate replenishment to customer network, relying on analytics and service level tracking
- Enable operational strategy, business processes, and connected systems for all aspects of Thrasio's sales order to fulfillment operations
- Our ideal candidate will have experience owning supply chain initiatives and would bring a working knowledge of inventory allocations, sales order management and fulfillment operations.
What You Bring to The Party:
- 7+ years of fulfillment management or order-to-delivery operational experience
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate advanced inventory allocations across an international multi-site warehousing network
- Highly effective teaching skills and techniques
- Knowledge of high volume sales order processing efficiency through software packages such as NetSuite or other ERPs
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly focus on list of key initiatives
- Strong understanding of Amazon or other major retailer supply chain requirements
- Ability to use a data first, analytical approach to prioritization and decision making
- Maintain efficiency during peak and non-peak order processing periods
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of fulfillment activities and customer SLA performance
- Clearly communicate expectations and coach team members
- Track record of improving operating efficiencies while reducing costs.
- Experience with Amazon FBA, Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP), large retailer order-to delivery is a plus
- Previous experience linking replenishment activities to customer facing in stock metrics is preferred
- Ability to prioritize the most important initiatives
- Passion for Strategy , People, and business success
- Action oriented, seeks opportunities and focuses on achieving goals.
- Data driven analytical approach to strategy, problem solving, and goal achievement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible leader willing to pivot toward new initiatives and goals
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Thrasio
Something looks off?