Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
THE ROLE: BUYER
At Thrasio, our Buyers play a key individual contribution role for the Purchasing team and provide critical support to our greater Supply Chain Operations Department. The Buyer handles tasks and responsibilities associated with purchase order lifecycle management, supplier relationship management, and cross functional supply chain project execution. The Buyer utilizes a variety of digital tools and communication mediums to facilitate the company’s spend strategies, all while offering constant attention to the shifting needs of internal and external stakeholders.
Main Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Create Purchase Orders within the company’s ERP system and monitor the end-to-end progress of PO lifecycle
- Read, interpret, and execute demand plans, supply plans, and PO requisitions
- Maintain autonomous oversight of all purchasing activities within an assigned portfolio of brands and international suppliers
- Engage suppliers in production planning discussions, light negotiations, and general business dialogue
- Interface with a suite of ERP, TMS, SRM, and intra-company communication tools
- Maintain, as needed, items master attributes within assigned portfolio of brands
- Align the company’s purchasing requirements with supplier production capacities, lead times, and estimated ready dates
- Maintain collaborative relationships with internal cross functional team members – including, but not limited to: Finance, Inventory Planning, Logistics, Sourcing, Brand Management, and Sales Enablement
- Collect, read, scrutinize, and distribute commercial shipping documents
- Escalate, as needed, supplier relationship conflicts to management
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS Degree or equivalent in Purchasing, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
- Over 3 years experience in a purchasing role with a major CPG retailer or global distribution company
- Experience working with international suppliers (preference towards bilingual candidates proficient in languages of Southeast Asia and India.
- 1-2 years of experience working remotely on an international cross functional team
- Experience working with ERP, TMS, and SRM tools (Preference towards NetSuite and other Oracle based platforms)
- Strong computer skills (advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred)
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence: detail orientation is an absolute must
- Must thrive in an ever-changing environment and maintain poise under pressure
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- We promote a "none punch in or out" work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.