Supply Chain Sustainability & Responsible Sourcing Lead
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2023
Wild Thinkers Welcome
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make existing products better or create new ones to meet customer needs.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us there. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you become a Thrasher, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula or pillow brand we grow, with every kitchen scale we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
As a Supply Chain Sustainability & Responsible Sourcing Lead you will be managing and supporting greenhouse gas emissions reporting and sustainability. Also, you will drive Responsible Sourcing activities with relevant stakeholders. This position reports to our Manager, Supply Chain Sustainability and Responsible Sourcing and will manage project teams on a variety of assignments including materiality assessments, benchmarking, corporate reporting and disclosure preparation, performance reporting, data management, and strategy development. Assignments may also include supporting other aspects of sustainability.
- Manage external sustainability certification process.
- Administer strategic sustainability projects for existing and new products.
- Lead Green House Gas (GHG) emissions data collection and reporting.
- Collaborate seamlessly with various external and internal stakeholders including Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Quality Assurance, Legal Compliance, Product Launch Brand Management Teams, Service Providers, and regulatory bodies.
- Assist Responsible Sourcing Risk Assessment protocol into broader Product Development and Due Diligence processes.
- Help administer the Responsible Sourcing Corrective and Preventative Action Program
- Leverage data: performance indicators, root cause analyses, consumer / marketplace quality signals, and other analyses to establish upstream focus areas.
- Create robust processes with documentation and escalation protocols across supply chain.
- Support the systematic development and presentation of key quality metrics, dashboards, and tools to support continuous improvement.
- Utilize engagement and collaboration to drive quick response times and accurate analysis.
- Timely communications to all global stakeholders for all in-progress sustainability and responsible sourcing.
- Manage special supply chain projects as specified by leadership.
What You Bring to the Party
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical/Materials Science/Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering/Business.
- 2 years of progressive experience in responsible sourcing, sustainability, environmental social and governance (ESG) and sustainable certifications.
- Experience with responsible sourcing and manufacturing in best value countries i.e. China, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, India, Mexico, etc. is preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills with a focus on data-driven decision making.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to interface effectively across the organization.
- Problem-solving capabilities with ability to deliver result.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Demonstrated analytical and reporting skills.
- Project management experience.
- Proven ability to lead and influence business partners and discuss responsible sourcing and sustainability with technical and non-technical partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Thrasio
Something looks off?