Staff Software Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
Do complex data ingestion challenges interest you? What about building data warehousing solutions to help our company scale as we ingest data from hundreds of sources as we continue to accelerate our brand acquisition? The Data Engineering Team at Thrasio is responsible for all aspects of data sourcing/crawling, data integration, and warehouse engineering, including the web scraping, monitoring, development, maintenance, and administration of our rapidly scaling data warehouse! We're looking for a hands-on staff-level software engineer to help lead the effort in designing and building the systems that will help Thrasio scale into our next phase of growth.
- Architect and build robust systems for managing large scale data processing
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Data Analytics Engineers, and Analysts
- Architect and build processes for monitoring data sanity and checking for data availability and reliability.
- Build connectors integrating APIs from external systems.
- Build data ingestion pipelines
- Build web scrapers
- Support batch and real-time data processing built on Airflow, Snowflake, dbt, and Spark
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering teams, business stakeholders, and project management to ensure high-quality deliverables are met on time.
- Provide technical leadership to team, analyze tradeoffs of designs, and partner with team members to arrive at the most optimal solution.
- Mentor junior engineers and establish best engineering practices across the team by doing code reviews and ensuring accurate code documentation.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- At least 8 years of experience in software engineering
- Solid understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Exceptional coding skills in a structured language (e.g. Python, Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Solid SQL skills
Nice to have skills:
- Strong background in data warehouse principles, architecture, design and its implementation at large scale
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Experience working with data orchestration tools such as Airflow and dbt
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A hybrid work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. As of the time of this posting, the expected base annual salary range for this position is $150,000-$210,000 USD. (For non-exempt roles, this reflects the expected base annual “salary” as calculated by the base hourly wage multiplied by the expected number of hours worked over a one year period, excluding any overtime and premiums.) The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.
At Thrasio, we are committed to building a great company - a place I want to work at, a place I can build, a place I can belong. Our goal is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that fuels success and growth in the workplace and beyond. We are also committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse team at all levels through fair and unbiased recruitment and hiring practices. Providing diversity-related demographic information during the application process helps us measure our progress towards these goals.