Senior Analytics Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Wild Thinkers Welcome
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make existing products better or create new ones to meet customer needs.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us there. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you become a Thrasher, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula or pillow brand we grow, with every kitchen scale we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
We are looking for a self driven, curious, and analytical individual to join our Data Analytics team as a senior analytics engineer. You will work with cross functional teams to help solve complex business problems by leveraging data, building scalable processes, and compelling visualization.
- Partner with our business stakeholders from product, data warehousing, and other engineering teams to define complex and ambiguous problems and solve them with data.
- Provide clean transformed data ready for investigation to answer strategic business questions across the organization that helps us become more data-driven.
- Relentlessly question the status quo in our processes to drive efficiency, speed, quality, and cost savings
- Own the design and development of scalable data solutions, metrics, reports, and analyses to enable key marketing spend decisions
- Develop expertise for the area that you support incl. relationships to key stakeholders
- Contribute innovative and strategic ideas to help shape a brand new team, and continue to drive impact as we scale
- Train business users to adopt data solutions
- 5+ years of work experience in SQL/Python to build curated data marts and perform ad hoc data analyses on large structured/semi structured datasets.
- Experience with data visualization/BI Tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, or Domo to communicate business insights using data
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members by providing feedback to help them grow.
- Familiarity with Star/Snowflake schemas and able to develop curated data marts
- Intellectually curious with proven results on owning their work and have a strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience ideally in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Quantitative, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Thrasio
Something looks off?