Product Integrity Engineer
Gurugram, Haryana, India
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
We're looking for a talented and detail-oriented Product Integrity/Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. As a PI/QA engineer, you'll be responsible for ensuring our products meet the highest standards of quality, safety, reliability, and compliance. Your expertise in product testing, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance will play a critical role in maintaining the integrity and quality of our products throughout their lifecycle. We can't wait to see what you bring to the team!
- Conduct thorough product testing, including performance, reliability, and safety assessments, to ensure compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and implement product quality assurance processes and procedures to ensure consistent and reliable product performance.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product development, manufacturing, and supply chain, to identify and address any potential product integrity and quality issues.
- Perform risk assessments to identify and mitigate potential safety hazards or quality issues associated with product design, materials, or manufacturing processes.
- Monitor industry standards, regulations, and best practices related to product integrity and incorporate them into internal processes and procedures.
- Provide technical guidance and support to internal teams regarding product integrity requirements, testing methodologies, and quality control measures during product development and product introductions.
- Conduct supplier audits and collaborate with suppliers to ensure their adherence to product integrity and quality standards and requirements.
- Collaborate with regulatory agencies and certification bodies to obtain necessary approvals and certifications for products.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies, materials, and manufacturing processes to drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with senior leadership for planning and execution of process improvements, projects, and other initiatives.
- Ensure processes for Corrective & Preventive Actions (CAPAs) are implemented and executed across the entire business, and a culture of quality is driven enterprise wide.
- Effectively communicate quality direction, policy, and procedures throughout the organization, as well as the supply base.
- Establish oneself as a product expert within the cross functional team with a solid understanding of manufacturing, testing and industry trends across the current assortment of product categories.
- Lead the resolution of product failures by working proactively with cross functional teams to assure timely and appropriate closure.
- Support strategic sourcing projects for existing and new products. Proactive involvement in product development and sourcing to influence decisions and mitigate risk.
- Collaborate seamlessly with various external and internal stakeholders including Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain Quality Assurance, Legal Compliance, Product Launch and Brand Management Teams and testing labs.
What You Bring to the Party:
- Engineering Degree on Mechanical/Electrical/Materials Science/Manufacturing/ Industrial or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university is a must
- 8 to 10 years of progressive experience in quality management for wide variety of consumer products (household, medical, cosmetics, toys, electronics, textile, etc.)
- 2 years’ experience working with 3rd party certification and 3rd party testing labs and regulatory bodies for consumer goods and medical devices across international markets
- Ability to write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Project management experience, certification preferred
- Data Analysis experience and presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management Systems in a manufacturing setting with special emphasis on GMP and ISO standards.
- Ability to support onsite quality audits base on GMP and consumer product standards.
- Familiarity with problem resolution and correction action methodologies (D8, 6Sigma, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret industry standards, BOM and technical specifications.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to interface effectively across the organization
- Problem-solving capabilities with ability to deliver results for multiple projects on time
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, as well as tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
- Gratuity is a statutory benefit paid to all full-time permanent employees who have worked continuously with the same organization for at least 5 years.
- In keeping with the National and Festival Holidays Act. employees will be paid 10-15 days per calendar year as holidays.
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.