Associate Director, Data Analytics
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
About the Role:
As a Senior Manager of Data Analytics, you will play a critical role in helping the Commercial organization quickly synthesize business performance insights to drive value enhancing actions. You will work with a talented team of individuals who are passionate about building a world-class technology platform and creating a unique launchpad for brand success.
- As a senior leader on a team of analysts, you will focus on driving the strategic data and analytics roadmap for the Commercial organization
- You will act as an analytical thought leader, delivering new insights with data from various sources to drive operational decision making across all areas of the company, from Brand Management, Marketing, and Demand Forecasting.
- You will guide and coach your team as you craft innovative analyses and synthesize insights for executives and cross-functional leaders.
- You will partner with senior leaders across the organization to enhance how the business uses data to make critical decisions
What You Bring to the Party:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a quantitative field with at least 5 year of experience, 3 in a leadership role
- Strong critical thinking and structured problem-solving skills; Ability to break down an ambiguous problem into manageable parts and explain it clearly to non-experts
- Ability to lead analysts in complex analyses or analytical tool design; Attention to detail and excellent quality control
- Ability to work cross-functionally across both business and technology teams, managing a diverse set of stakeholders
- Strong executive communication skills and ability to tailor style to all levels
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as PowerBI
- Proficiency with SQL, python, or other database programming languages.
Nice to Have Skills:
- E-commerce experience; familiarity with Amazon’s Seller Central platform is preferred
- Data modeling and/or data architecture experience
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.