Global Logistics and Transportation Coordinator
Posted on Tuesday, July 4, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
Main Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Oversee and ensure our shipments are moving in a compliant way according to Chinese regulations and International trade compliance rules for suppliers with no export license ( coordinate the documentation creation and export customs clearance with freight forwarders)
- Coordinate with service providers to ensure our shipments are being planned in a timely manner. Liaison with proper stakeholders for requests.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with suppliers and shipping providers
- Liaise between supplier and transportation provider for special certificates required for international transportation of certain products with magnetic & chemical nature or containing batteries
- Create and maintain database by supplier and sku level for transportation special requirements
- POC at origin for shipments being moved via forwarders to ensure timely pick up / container loads and liaise any issues service providers may have with supplier
- Analysis for potential intercompany transactions to benefit consolidation process by consolidating all shipments from different suppliers under 1 single document
- Cross functional communication support between our supply chain departments
- Support management with reports to ensure operations are following SOP’s and to ensure our TMS provider is handling our shipments per Thrasio’s standard.
- Ensure data integrity is being maintained in our ERP systems and Monthly reports
- Liaise to enforce and maintain export documentation compliance from our suppliers
- Continually review Asia origin freight costs to provide benchmark and assist with Local negotiations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Customer Care orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in the shipping and or Freight forwarding industry and knowledge of international logistics experience.
- Familiarity with Export / Import compliance rules
- Ability to prioritize
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, ability to analyze data and follow operational procedures
- Nice to have: proficiency in using PowerBI/Smart Sheet/Excel/Google Sheet
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- We promote a "none punch in or out" work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
At Thrasio, we are committed to building a great company - a place I want to work at, a place I can build, a place I can belong. Our goal is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that fuels success and growth in the workplace and beyond. We are also committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse team at all levels through fair and unbiased recruitment and hiring practices. Providing diversity-related demographic information during the application process helps us measure our progress towards these goals.