Software Engineering Lead
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
The Cloud/Platform Engineering team is responsible for Thrasio’s cloud infrastructure, release tooling, and services platform. We handle the core systems that all of the engineering utilizes to build amazing services inside and outside of the business. Some of our disciplines include platform engineering, SRE, release, observability, and developer experience. We work to maintain a healthy live system with high availability for the whole business to consume engineering services.
We're looking for a dynamic, hands-on engineering leader to take ownership of the Cloud Engineering team. This leader will have significant expertise in both software engineering and AWS, and will be expected to both manage the team and lead it technically. We're looking for someone who can drive operational excellence, architectural improvements, and long-term vision relating to the services platform. This role includes significant coding responsibilities.
- Manage/mentor a team of cloud and platform engineers.
- Develop long-term vision for Thrasio software platform and tools.
- Build, maintain, and support the microservice and tooling infrastructure used by the Technology team.
- Develop and maintain deployment and automation pipelines to support continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Implement and maintain monitoring, logging, and alerting systems for cloud infrastructure.
- Develop and implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS.
- 1+ years of experience in managing a team of engineers.
- Exceptional coding skills.
- Understanding of cloud architecture principles and patterns.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Specific technologies we use:
- Microservices using Python, Django, RDS/Postgres, Redis, GraphQL, React, Kubernetes
- CI/CD pipelines using GitHub, ArgoCD, Artifactory, CircleCI
- Terragrunt, Helm
- Airflow, Teleport, Perimeter 81, DataDog, Istio
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, as well as tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
- Gratuity is a statutory benefit paid to all full-time permanent employees who have worked continuously with the same organization for at least 5 years.
- In keeping with the National and Festival Holidays Act. employees will be paid 10-15 days per calendar year as holidays.
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.