Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
The M&A Associate will develop pipeline by identifying new qualified acquisition targets and performing due diligence as they prepare financial, business, product and market analysis on specific targets while working collaboratively with other M&A team members. This person will work directly with potential targets, while also engaging with internal counterparts across Thrasio including Commercial, Marketing, Legal, and Supply Chain to review potential investment opportunities. Assessments include independent financial audits, contractual review and negotiations, competitive analysis & industry trends, and consideration for intellectual property & compliance findings.
For each M&A transaction, the Associate will play a lead role throughout negotiations and due diligence process, identify key risks & opportunities, document immediate action items for migration, and complete a comprehensive investment memo. Given that the M&A team aims to build robust pipeline, the Associate will have an opportunity that is unparalleled in the industry to work on multiple live deals from start to finish.
This role requires someone who is highly motivated and can effectively combine exceptional strategic thinking, superior communication, project management and quantitative skills.
- Building financial models and identifying key opportunities to pitch gainful strategies
- Ownership of assigned deal flow and a comprehensive review of diligence completed in coordination with M&A team members
- Identify keys risks and opportunities for a given transaction (pre & post close), while working cross-functionally to drive decisions and implement solutions
- Communicating/hosting meetings with business owners & key executives
What You Bring to the Party:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an M&A transactional environment, preferably with experience in investment banking or corporate development
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills (including a working knowledge of finance/accounting)
- Team first mentality, with a superior attention to detail
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.