Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
Come Join Us
About the Role
Thrasio is looking for a Community Specialist for our CN office! You will be responsible for overall office management for the CN office(Currently we have Shenzhen Office. Suzhou and Shanghai offices are being built). Our Community Specialist also takes part in a wide variety of cross-functional projects as it relates to providing the best employee experience for our Thrashers. This is a great opportunity for you to step into the world of Admin, HR, and event preparations!
- Serve as “events” and employee experience coordinator for the office. Partner with the People team to proactively brainstorm, organize, and lead a strategic plan for cohort reunions, team events, and a minimum of 2-3 community-wide events per quarter.
- Partner with IT to maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems and equipment procurement. This includes ensuring appropriate IT and remote set-ups are established for all meetings and events.
- Employee Experience
- Train new hires on community office procedures and serve as a greeter if there are external visitors.
- Create, oversee, and maintain information (directions to offices, booking rooms, local restaurants, etc) and socialize with existing and new hires.
- Budget and Vendor Management
- Get proper approvals for all office expenditures and purchasing and partner with the People team to review and reduce facilities costs, including Pantry, Vendor Relationship/payables, cleaning equipment, desks, decor, and snack budgets.
- Secure local corporate discounts/partnerships with vendors (restaurants, hotels, etc) and then document employee processes in information collection.
- Office Facilities Management
- Ensure office/location security.
- Oversee lease management and invoicing in partnership with the People team & the Finance team.
- Coordinate with the building manager and maintenance teams to respond to any pressing issues.
- Others if necessary
- Work closely with the Recruiting team for hiring tasks, such as CV screening, and candidates’ visits to the office.
- Experience in an office, events, or project management function, preferably in a tech company. You like to follow rules and will make sure that Thrasio’s office maintains its warm, fun culture while keeping our team safe. Fresh graduates with fast-learning skills are also welcome to apply.
- A strong desire to impart Thrasio’s values and cultures to new Thrashers.
- Strong written skill is required. Fluent spoken English is a Plus.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multitask.
- Strong technology skills and an ability to learn new software programs quickly and look for efficiencies in how the office is managed.
- Humble, detail-oriented, and collaborative.
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- We promote a "none punch in or out" work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.