Senior Category Manager
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
The Senior Manager, Contract Manufacturing & Category Management in the Personal Care, Beauty, and Cosmetics division holds a pivotal role in driving comprehensive category leadership across various brands within the Thrasio portfolio. This entails the crucial task of defining and articulating a cohesive manufacturing strategy for the category, fostering and expanding strategic partnerships with global contract manufacturers, and delivering strategic financial and operational value throughout the organization. This position is instrumental in several critical business processes and necessitates extensive cross-functional collaboration with teams and regions. Moreover, it carries the responsibility of overseeing a significant annual spend of at least $50 million, with expectations of substantial growth in line with the organization's aggressive expansion plans.
- Provide senior technical leadership for category strategy and planning.
- Utilize category mapping, global market analysis, cost benchmarking, contract manufacturing management, and strategic sourcing.
- Select and manage global contract manufacturing partnerships.
- Maintain an updated manufacturing strategy footprint.
- Establish quantitative category management frameworks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Mergers & Acquisitions, Supply Chain, New Product Development, Brand Management, Quality Assurance, and Legal.
- Disseminate category plans across the organization.
- Develop and lead global sourcing strategies.
- Foster collaboration with the supplier base for cost, quality, and delivery improvements.
- Assess business functions in relation to global suppliers.
- Stay informed about industry certifications and regulations.
- Implement risk management practices to protect against supply interruptions and unforeseen risks.
- Conduct negotiations and finalize terms and conditions of supply agreements with selected suppliers.
What You Bring to the Party:
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing or chemical engineering is required. An MBA is a plus.
- 5-7 years’ experience in contract manufacturing of a wide range of regulated consumer products, including global manufacturing and private labeling within the personal care sector.
- 7 years of experience in a global leadership role managing global category and strategic sourcing teams for consumer products.
- Proven track record of developing and executing effective category and sourcing strategies in fast-paced, high-growth companies.
- Working knowledge of Intellectual Property matters.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are essential.
- A global citizen with exceptional people leadership skills across various organizational levels, functions, cultures, and geographies.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel internationally
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.