Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
The Supply Chain Engineering team is responsible for building internal systems that automate the Supply Chain operations from Inventory Planning to Purchase Order and Transfer Order processing, from optimizing shipping costs to reducing delivery times.
Key responsibilities include
- Develop, construct, and maintain the in-house systems for streamlining supply chain operations.
- Create, construct, validate, and manage services, APIs, and databases that serve as the definitive source of vital data for Thrasio's operations, benefiting cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate closely with Data Science and Data Analytics teams to standardize data presentations and visualizations.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and product managers within the team to shape and refine a roadmap for innovative enhancements and refinements to services and user interfaces within the domain, informed by user feedback.
- Contribute to the broader engineering organization's initiatives to establish industry best practices and produce documentation to facilitate the dissemination of knowledge across the team and the entire organization.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers, providing them with valuable support and insights to foster their growth and development within the team and the organization.
What you bring to the party
- 4+ years of work experience.
- Strong experience in front-end development using React.
- Strong programming skills in Python or an equivalent language.
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
Nice to haves
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience.
- Experience working with Django, Celery, and Redis.
- Experience working in a high-growth startup environment.
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation, and deployment
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, as well as tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
- Gratuity is a statutory benefit paid to all full-time permanent employees who have worked continuously with the same organization for at least 5 years.
- In keeping with the National and Festival Holidays Act. employees will be paid 10-15 days per calendar year as holidays.
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.