Software Engineer II
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
The Product Catalog team works with many business teams to integrate with listing data collection, product data generation, status management. Product Catalog team host the single source of truth for product identifiers in Thrasio.
Key responsibilities include
- Design, build, and maintain web applications that internal engineering teams and business partners.
- Design, build, test, and operate services, APIs, and databases that form the source of truth for data that is core to Thrasio’s business, and will be leveraged by teams across the company.
- Contribute functionality and features to internal tools that provide access to data sets and products/listings platforms.
- Work closely with the Data Analytics Engineering and Data Warehouse teams to standardize data representations and visualizations.
- Partner with other engineers and product managers on the team to build and groom a roadmap of new ideas and improvements to the services and UIs within the domain based on customer feedback.
- Contribute to the overall engineering organization’s efforts to establish best practices and write documentation to help diffuse knowledge through the team and organization.
What you bring to the party
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Strong programming skills in Python or an equivalent language.
- Experience in front-end development using React.
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
Nice to haves
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent working experience.
- Experience working with Django, Celery, and Redis.
- Experience working in a high-growth startup environment.
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation, and deployment
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, as well as tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
- Gratuity is a statutory benefit paid to all full-time permanent employees who have worked continuously with the same organization for at least 5 years.
- In keeping with the National and Festival Holidays Act. employees will be paid 10-15 days per calendar year as holidays.
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.