Payroll & Tax Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
About the Role:
As a Sr. Payroll & Tax Analyst, you will play a critical role in payroll and associated tax-related responsibilities. You’ll work with a talented team of individuals who are passionate about building a world-class technology platform and creating a unique launchpad for brand success.
- Payroll Processing (30%) includes the following:
- Process biweekly & semi-monthly payrolls
- Apply specialist knowledge and skills required to support payroll activities such as the collection, review, and analysis of full-cycle payroll related data sources for use in payroll generation for all levels of the organization and across all locations.
- Support equity processing for stock activity in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Assist with creating and/or testing new payroll earnings, deductions, accruals and other new programs.
- Continuous evaluation, improvement, and maintenance of existing work processes to ensure most effective use of resources and drive operational excellence.
- Support all payroll inquiries, navigate complex situations by recognizing problematic areas, and take ownership of communications through timely resolution.
- Follow proper governance of payroll data, time and attendance, record keeping and internal controls. Assist auditors during audit process by providing documents, and other payroll-related reports upon request
- Assist accounting with balancing and reconciliations requests
- Respond to unemployment claims.
- Process and/or analyze special payments, including, but not limited to: disability and leave of absence payments, severance, expense reimbursements, garnishments, levies and requests from outside attorneys and courts.
- Perform periodic internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external or internal auditors.
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with all levels across the organization, 3rd party providers, and others to resolve issues and drive process improvements.
- Tax (70%) Includes the following:
- Oversee payroll tax processes and workflows to ensure accuracy and strict adherence to government regulations.
- Enter and maintain payroll tax information while keeping a comprehensive record of tax-related transactions, filings, and reports.
- Conduct audits of tax information within One Source Virtual (OSV), scrutinizing tax filings, returns, and payments for precision and compliance.
- Create and respond to tax related tickets via OSV.Register new tax jurisdictions.
- Investigate and respond to tax authority notices and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Research laws and regulations regarding taxes and payroll withholding procedures.
- Develop and document tax audits and balancing procedures.
- Audits and processes year-end W-2s and reports for U.S payroll.
- Remains current on legislation and regulatory rulings which impact payroll and paid sick leave laws, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Strong Experience with multi-state payroll; processing payroll tax amendments and W-2 reconciliations and state and local tax registrations
What You Bring to the Party:
- Minimum 5 years Payroll Tax Experience
- Multistate payroll experience
- Strong knowledge Workday Payroll system
- OSV and/or Smartcompliance
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical reasoning and problem-solving, “out of the box” approach problem resolution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and payroll-related software
- Possess agility and ability to thrive in an ambiguous, unstructured, and fast-growing/changing environment executing day-to-day tasks as well as larger projects.