Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
The Supply Chain and Finance Engineering Team is responsible for the Platforms that contain some of the most business-critical functions at Thrasio such as the Inventory and Finance. We are also responsible for Data Integrations between the Global Partners and Thrasio. We work to ensure that our data is accessible to our ERP Systems, Data Warehouse, Data Analytics, Data Scientists and Business Stakeholders so that it can be used to drive our intelligence efforts, Inventory management, Data Insights, and Financial Reports.
This is a highly multi-functional and visible role, you will be directly involved in decisions that affect every future Thrasio business. The position requires a very technical and hands-on Engineer, experience in working closely with Technical, Product and Analytical teams and a deep understanding of Business needs. You are a highly self-motivated individual who creates a dynamic and creative team environment in which problems are solved in new and innovative ways.
- Design, develop, and operate highly scalable, high-performance, and low-cost data pipelines in distributed data processing platforms with AWS/cloud technologies.
- Collaborate with Architects, Engineers, Product Managers, Analysts, and Data Scientists in the organization to construct Data pipelines and Integrations.
- Own and Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Develop tools, plug-ins, and solutions for CI/CD workflow using tools.
- Drive and participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects.
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures.
- Collaborate with the Data team, product owners, Business stakeholders, Scrum-master to refine and estimate stories/epics.
- Be an integral part of the scrum team to deliver on commitments on time and with good quality.
- Review and ensure all code documentation is complete and updated periodically.
Required Skills :
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree; MS in Computer Science preferred.
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, or related fields with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing.
- Proficient in SQL and Data Analysis.
- Proficiency in a programming language - Python.
- Experience with software configuration management tools(Git) and CI/CD pipelines and their enabling tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, etc.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to work with Product and Non-technical teams to gather requirements and translate them into data engineering tasks.
- Experience with AWS and Data processing related Services.
- Experience with workflow management systems like airflow or oozieStrong work ethic and strong core values (honesty, integrity, creativity)
Nice to have Skills:
- Experience in using business intelligence reporting tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Quicksight etc.).
- Experience in designing backend micro services.
- Experience in eCommerce, Inventory, Finance, logistics, or SAAS
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, as well as tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
- Gratuity is a statutory benefit paid to all full-time permanent employees who have worked continuously with the same organization for at least 5 years.
- In keeping with the National and Festival Holidays Act. employees will be paid 10-15 days per calendar year as holidays.
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.