Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
Thrasio is looking for Analysts to be part of the Strategic Planning and Analysis team. Each SP&A analyst will serve as an integral team member and strategic thought partner to business unit leaders (e.g. Brand Management, Marketing, Strategic Initiatives) and their teams, with the successful candidate serving as the analytical thought leader for the team(s) they supports. The Strategic Initiatives analyst will support new and nascent initiatives across the company as well as business development opportunities. The analyst will be responsible for sizing, forecasting, and reporting on new product launches and sales channels. The analyst will report into an SP&A Senior Manager with the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities over time.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial setting and embody the drive and skill set necessary to hit the ground running as a strategic business partner, providing financial and operational analytic support to the organization. While this position initially has no direct reports, the Analyst will be expected to lead cross-functional projects and analysis of financial and operational data and will also be expected to summarize and
communicate the results to senior management. This position has the potential to significantly add to the company’s top and bottom line through business case generation and other high priority analysis.
- Developing and owning full P&L forecast models
- Leading strategic analyses and cross-functional initiatives
- Analyzing benchmarks and internal data to help determine success metrics for new projects
- Creating and reporting on key performance indicators
- Overseeing the evaluation of business performance and other key analyses that are strategic and of high importance to senior leadership
- Working across the team to build reporting infrastructure, and helping develop new SP&A processes and analytics that drive value add for all stakeholders
What You Bring to the Party:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier institution
- 1-3 years of related professional experience. Prior SP&A / FP&A experience is a plus, but not required
- Advanced Excel experience required. VBA, SQL, Python a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and meet deadlines within a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, coordinate the efforts of others, as well as work well with people of a wide range of levels
- Continually seeking new perspectives and feedback, taking an inclusive approach and engaging diverse points of view
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguous and change-led environments; self-confident with an authentic style that gravitates toward championing change
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A hybrid work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. As of the time of this posting, the expected base annual salary range for this position is $85,000-$92,000. (For non-exempt roles, this reflects the expected base annual “salary” as calculated by the base hourly wage multiplied by the expected number of hours worked over a one year period, excluding any overtime and premiums.) The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.