Senior Data Analytics Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
We are looking for a self-driven, curious, and analytical individual to join our data analytics team as a senior data analytics engineer. You will work with cross-functional teams to help solve complex business problems by leveraging data, building scalable processes, and compelling visualization.
- Partner with our business stakeholders from product, data warehousing, and other engineering teams to define complex and ambiguous problems and solve them with data.
- Provide clean transformed data ready for investigation to answer strategic business questions across the organization that helps us become more data-driven.
- Relentlessly question the status quo in our processes to drive efficiency, speed, quality, and cost savings
- Own the design and development of scalable data solutions, metrics, reports, and analyses to enable key marketing spend decisions
- Develop expertise for the area that you support incl. relationships to key stakeholders
- Contribute innovative and strategic ideas to help shape a brand new team, and continue to drive impact as we scale
- Train business users to adopt data solutions
- 5+ years of work experience in SQL/Python to build curated data marts and perform ad hoc data analyses on large structured/semi structured datasets.
- Experience with data visualization/BI Tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Looker, or Domo to communicate business insights using data
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members by providing feedback to help them grow.
- Familiarity with Star/Snowflake schemas and able to develop curated data marts
- Intellectually curious with proven results on owning their work and have a strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks and constraints, propose potential solutions, and drive towards resolution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience ideally in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Quantitative, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, as well as tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
- Gratuity is a statutory benefit paid to all full-time permanent employees who have worked continuously with the same organization for at least 5 years.
- In keeping with the National and Festival Holidays Act. employees will be paid 10-15 days per calendar year as holidays.
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.