Senior Benefits Specialist
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
The Senior Benefits Specialist is critical for raising the bar on our Global Benefits programs to support a great employee experience. In addition to leading the design, implementation, and administration of global benefits programs, the Senior Benefits Specialist provides core benefits support to our employees by educating on offerings, responding to inquiries, and resolving problems related to benefits enrollment, eligibility, leave of absence programs, disability accommodation, and employee record management. Main responsibilities consist of benefits administration (50%), leaves of absence and accommodation administration (30%), and operational support (20%).
- Partner in the design, implementation, and administration of a comprehensive benefits philosophy and best in class global benefits programs (health, dental, life, disability, retirement, pension, leaves, and perks)
- Oversee employee benefits transactions and administration including new hire enrollments and employee changes and terminations.
- Partner with benefits consultants, brokers, third party administrators and other providers. Support contract negotiations and open enrollment activities. Ensure all programs comply with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Seek to ensure that all employee benefit packages and service protocols are conducted with a focus on the organization’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Main point of contact for all employee inquiries regarding Leaves of Absence and Employee Accommodation policies, programs, compliance, processing, and resources.
- Manage all leave and accommodation requests and inquiries.
- Enable smooth execution of onboarding, off-boarding, mobility, and any related impact to benefits enrollment or eligibility.
- Work with vendors for employment verification and unemployment claims; conduct audits of HRIS, payroll, and benefits data. Ensure regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Educate employees on benefits offerings; answer requests.
What You Bring to the Party:
- 5+ years of professional work experience, with at least 2 years in a benefits role
- Knowledge and general understanding of federal and state laws relating to benefit plans including ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and FMLA
- Knowledge of rewards and perks benchmarking in tech and eCommerce industries
- Comprehensive understanding of Benefits Administration processes and systems
- Proven record of attention to detail, creative problem solving, and process improvement
- Attuned discretion with regard to employee data, inquiries, and transactions.
Preferred Skills and Qualities:
- Experience working with benefit brokers and administering competitive benefit packages
- Great communication skills including probing, active listening, facilitating discussions, and presenting ideas to groups; empathetic and understanding
- Ability to effectively translate complex concepts into clear and effective messages
- Analytical mindset; approach problems from an inquisitive perspective
- Comfortable with change and working in a fast-paced environment; able to work well under pressure with limited direction
- Possess a progressive and productive positive attitude; ability to accept constructive feedback and adjust your approach
- Team-oriented and collaborative; enjoys and ready to wear many hats
- Proactive and solutions-oriented; hands-on approach
- Familiarity with HRIS/People Technology, preferably Workday
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and requests
- Strong senses of urgency and humor, ideally in equal doses!
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A hybrid work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, tremendous on the job learning opportunities, and our Thrasher Perks program with the opportunity to purchase products at cost
The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
We believe that all employees should be paid fairly and equitably. As of the time of this posting, the expected base annual salary range for this position is $85,000-$93,000 . (For non-exempt roles, this reflects the expected base annual “salary” as calculated by the base hourly wage multiplied by the expected number of hours worked over a one year period, excluding any overtime and premiums.) The actual base annual salary will be based on a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, and experience, as well as business needs and limitations. As a result, compensation may vary within and across similar roles and positions. Please note that the base annual salary range information set forth above is a good faith estimate for this position and actual compensation for any individual may fall outside this range if warranted by the circumstances applicable to that individual. If we identify a role that would be suitable for a broader range of skills and experience such that we would consider hiring at multiple levels then the range listed above may reflect that breadth. If offered a position, the actual base annual salary will be contained in your offer letter.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.
At Thrasio, we are committed to building a great company - a place I want to work at, a place I can build, a place I can belong. Our goal is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that fuels success and growth in the workplace and beyond. We are also committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse team at all levels through fair and unbiased recruitment and hiring practices. Providing diversity-related demographic information during the application process helps us measure our progress towards these goals.