Principal Data Analytics Engineer
Posted on Thursday, February 1, 2024
We are Thrasio - Builders Welcome!
At Thrasio, we’re reimagining how to make the world’s most-loved products accessible to everyone. We work with successful sellers, using a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews – plus supply chain and marketing smarts – to transform the art and science of commerce. We estimate that 1 in 6 households has purchased a Thrasio product! And our goal is for all of those households to be truly delighted by their purchase.
What Makes Us Unique
At Thrasio, we’re in building mode: block by block we’re working together to construct a great company. What does that look like? Everyone is a leader - we lean into opportunities, not titles. We expect everyone to behave and act like a leader. Our Leadership Principles inform the ways we work together to ensure the brands, products and services we offer truly delight our customers. Everyone is a builder - whether it’s gaining marketable new skills through project sprints outside of your own function, or standing up more efficient ways of work - we’re doing it from the ground up. Everyone belongs- a sense of belonging brings us all together. We operate as One Team.
- Design and develop data models and data transformations in Power BI to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity.
- Understand (and probe) stakeholder needs in company wide projects and act as the DAE voice to suggest appropriate technical solutions
- Act as PBI /data model contact point for a diverse group of stakeholders from various levels
- Perform data profiling and analysis to identify data quality issues and work with the data team to resolve them. Monitor and troubleshoot Power BI
- Optimize Power BI reports and dashboards for performance and usability.
- Document technical specifications, data mappings, and solution designs for Power BI projects.
- Partner with data engineers to develop and maintain data definitions, data lineage and data cataloging
- Mentor data analytics engineers in building best practice data models for PBI to reduce need of later clean up
What You Bring to the Party:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Multiple years of experience in data analysis area preferably in e-commerce across multiple domains
- 7 or more years of experience with Power BI or similar tool (Tableau, Qlick, Looker)
- Strong understanding of Power BI platform including workspaces, deployment pipelines, dataset creation and maintenance; data hub exploration, PowerBI desktop and report builder required
- Ability to drive big projects (6 months+) completely independently as an E2E solution architect
- Experience in Azure DB management
- Experience in setting up and monitoring Power BI Administration tasks
- Exceptional DAX and SQL skills
- Proven experience with Tabular Editor
- Strong understanding of DAX Studio
- Power shell scripting knowledge
- Experience with Source Control Management tools (Azure DevOps, JIRA, GIT)
What We Offer:
- The chance to be part of a next-gen consumer goods company that is changing the industry
- A collaborative work environment where cross-functional teams work together to solve problems and achieve common goals
- The opportunity to build together with a talented, diverse and passionate team, and the innovative technology to enable us
- A remote-first work environment that allows employees to manage their schedules effectively, meet in a hub when necessary, and maintain a healthy balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package, as well as tremendous on the job learning opportunities.
- The freedom to "be bold", have a voice within the company and take on opportunities with less red tape
- Gratuity is a statutory benefit paid to all full-time permanent employees who have worked continuously with the same organization for at least 5 years.
- In keeping with the National and Festival Holidays Act. employees will be paid 10-15 days per calendar year as holidays.
Thrasio values diversity, equity, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other category protected by applicable law. We strive to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We encourage applicants who meet the minimum criteria to apply, as we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and challenging assumptions.
In addition to the base annual salary listed above, this position is eligible for short-term [and long-term] incentive compensation, as well as benefits, which are subject to the applicable plans, policies and definitive documentation regarding such compensation and benefits.
At Thrasio, we are committed to building a great company - a place I want to work at, a place I can build, a place I can belong. Our goal is to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that fuels success and growth in the workplace and beyond. We are also committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse team at all levels through fair and unbiased recruitment and hiring practices. Providing diversity-related demographic information during the application process helps us measure our progress towards these goals.