Administration, People & HR, Operations
West Valley City, UT, USA
Posted on Friday, March 4, 2022
We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
About the Role
We’re looking for an Inventory Supervisor to join our team on a full-time basis. In this role you will oversee the inventory and warehouse teams. This person will be super organized and experienced in managing inventory, and inventory teams in food production facilities. This role is perfect for you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are interested in helping build out inventory processes and procedures for a growing tech company.
Note: This position reports to Inventory Manager and will be on-site 5 days a week at our production facility in West Valley City.
- Oversee management of inventory at both Tovala facilities, as well as outside storage locations.
- Ensure inventory is organized, accurate, and updated regularly to optimize efficiency.
- Maximize accuracy in receiving, storage, selection, and transfer of all raw and finished goods.
- Monitor PO tracking of any inbound and outbound products that hit our facility.
- Ensure our facilities abide by FIFO and/or FEFO processes.
- Work with the procurement team to accurately track inventory flow for COGS.
- Monitor and track Shrink as well as identify opportunities for reduction.
- Oversee WIP process, control access to inventory, and assist in weekly planning of inventory pull sheets.
- Oversee scheduling for hourly warehouse team members and management
- Track attendance and partner with HR to ensure warehouse associates are consistent and timely.
- Provide support in labor tracking, missed punches, daily labor reporting, overtime, etc.
- Provide support in hiring, interviewing, onboarding & termination of warehouse team members- ensuring a positive employee experience.
- Bachelors in Business, or a related field preferred.
- 1-3 years of inventory experience, preferably in a food production environment.
- Familiarity with WMS, ERP, Microsoft tools (Excel, Word), and Google Suite tools. Snapfulfil experience is a plus.
- You are a very organized person with attention to detail.
- You feel comfortable learning new processes, procedures, and operational functions, but know when to ask for support.
- You can pivot and adapt to change quickly. When faced with multiple priorities, you remain calm and collected.
- You communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- You're interested in startups and excited to work in a fast-paced environment.
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!