Director of Engineering
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Director of Engineering, you will lead teams of engineers building our core products. Managing complex projects while designing smart solutions and managing their execution will be your responsibility as a leader. You will be ensuring we deliver a strong differentiated product that makes a big impact on the Transit Tech market. We write a lot of Python, Java and Golang for Backend.
As the most senior technical leader at the Sofia site you will mentor, support and professionally consult all engineers located in Bulgaria. In addition, you will help recruit engineers at different levels, helping them to grow professionally. You will be reporting directly to the VP of Engineering in our Tel Aviv office.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a Software Engineering team for Via’s products.
- Partner with product, design and engineering to shape and deliver the group’s roadmap.
- Coach, support and provide feedback for your direct reports and all engineers in Bulgaria to positively impact their career development and growth.
- Participate in technical decision making with other engineering leaders.
- Improve engineering-wide processes and practices in collaboration with other engineering managers.
Who You Are:
- You are an engineer with vast leadership experience looking to manage and increase your impact.
- You have a strong background in agile methods, software engineering (Python is a big plus), cloud technologies and the ability to build effective solutions to complex problems.
- You are experienced at collaborating cross-functionally to maintain and deliver high-quality products.
- You want to retain a high-performing team with an inclusive and supportive culture.
- You are motivated by technical challenges at the intersection of data, visualization and user experience.
- You have a university degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?