Senior Backend engineer (Python and Java)
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer at Via, you’ll join to our R&D center in TLV.
You will be responsible for helping refactor the architecture and design of a core platform in Via’s Public Transit solution.
What You'll Do
- Take an active role in shaping Via’s architecture, as well as introduce new technologies and standards.
- Design and implement engineering solutions for our services that allow them to grow and scale.
- Build effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions.
- Build and maintain high performance services responsible for the core logic of Via’s services.
- Work in an agile environment and deliver high-quality code.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a backend software engineer using Python and Java - a Must.
- Experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience.
- Familiar with cloud-based deployment (Preferred: AWS)
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?