Senior Front End Engineer (GIS)
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
We are looking for an Senior Frontend Engineer to join and to take a key role. The position is to be part of a full stack development team responsible for Via’s Map editing web tools by building cutting-edge E2E solutions and scalable infrastructure to deliver Via’s map layers editing to all business customers.
You’ll work closely with our designers and product managers to understand user needs, and then build and iterate on technical solutions that address them. You'll work across the stack, using different technologies for different projects. You’ll also build and maintain our processes and tools, to keep our productivity and code quality high.
Our stack includes React & Python. However, it's more important to us that you have experience with full-stack, user-centric development in general than with our specific technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Build pixel-perfect, smooth UIs across different web applications
- Design and implement solutions by developing server and client technologies
- Lead the frontend development methodology while mentoring other developers
- Leverage your past experience with frontend architecture and design patterns into the development of a new web application that is taking its first steps into large scale application
- Introduce modern web development technologies, set high standards and drive best practices for backend development for web applications
Who You Are
- minimum of 5 years of frontend programming experience, from which 3+ years React - Must
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team player, great communication skills
- Experience working with geo spatial data - an advantage
- Experience building large-scale infrastructure applications or similar experience.
- You are fluent in English
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?