Strategic Business Development Principal, Western US
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Strategic Business Development Principal at Via, you’ll lead regional Sales efforts across both public and private sectors to build an inclusive, sustainable, and tech-enabled framework for mobility. In this role, you’ll be creative and entrepreneurial to identify opportunities and generate new business in your own market. This is a quota-carrying role.
What You'll Do
- Identify prospective partners in your territory and build meaningful and durable revenue-generating relationships with a diverse group of prospective clients, from elected officials to private-sector business leaders. Lead execution and strategy for full-cycle Sales efforts across your territory, working to make transit better for your community, and your region’s communities.
- Strategically navigate your market’s unique buying landscape using research strong analytical skills to build compelling, data-driven business cases for our platform and demonstrate our value proposition across a range of verticals..
- Be a thought partner to prospective clients by educating and consulting with them to develop regional transit plans and find funding mechanisms within your market.
- Champion our mission and technology as the “face of Via” by leading local marketing campaigns, speaking at conferences, and providing consistent thought leadership in the mobility space.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 8+ years of client facing experience with a record of achievement in the Sales, Business Development, Consulting, or similar space
- An educator, collaborator, and thought partner: you enjoy consultative sales processes, and know how to use data to build a compelling narrative
- A skilled and methodical researcher: you’re attracted to complex problems, and you’re not afraid to jump into new environments.
- Intuitive communicator; whether in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals, you always strike the right tone and communicate persuasively.
- Superb commercial intuition and exceptional judgment -- you know when to push and when to yield in maximizing the value of a potential deal.
- A reliable, motivated self-starter with a passionate growth mentality. You enjoy fast-paced environments, aren’t deterred by setbacks or pivots, and thrive in roles requiring a very high degree of responsibility.
- An excellent team player; you’re a meaningful individual contributor, and a mentor to others on your team. You view successes as team efforts, and enjoy working with others.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $125,000-$165,000
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?