PR and Communications Manager, Europe
Via is changing the way the world moves, and as the PR and Communications Manager, Europe (also known as PR Associate Principal), you will play a meaningful role in building the Via brand, including its Citymapper and Remix products, in Europe.
Based in Germany, the Netherlands, France, or the United Kingdom, and under the leadership of the Global PR Director in New York City, you will craft and execute European press and communications strategies on behalf of Via and its European partners that demonstrate the impact of Via’s software and the TransitTech category to introduce more equitable, accessible, and sustainable transportation solutions. Via’s software powers innovative transit solutions in more than 600 communities worldwide, and you will be a significant contributor to supporting the company's continued growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute a PR and communications strategy for Via and its Citymapper and Remix products in Europe, under the guidance of the Global PR Director in NYC.
- Work closely with a variety of teams, including rider growth, partner marketing, sales, partner success, policy, and data science to understand the technology and transportation landscape in each market, and to tell stories across earned, owned, and paid media.
- Get to know relevant tech, transit, and business media in priority European markets, building relationships with journalists, pitching earned stories, and identifying opportunities for contributed and paid content.
- Liaise closely with Via Rider Growth and Partnership teams to support European partners at launch time (announcements – including press releases, pitches, and messaging) and beyond, uncovering opportunities to tell impact-driven stories and support key contract renewals and service anniversaries.
- Work with and support the Global PR Director to craft compelling stories and pitches about Via’s business and point-of-differentiation in the marketplace.
Who You Are:
- Deep understanding of the media landscape with a proven track record of coverage, with technology, transportation trade, and business preferred.
- Experience with earned + owned and / or paid media content.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English, with additional proficiency in German preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in PR and communications, and based in Berlin, London, Amsterdam, or Paris (or open to relocating to one of these locations).
- Strategic thinker who can develop out-of-the box solutions and storylines.
- Strong communicator, who is able to adapt their level of detail depending on the audience.
- Independent, organized, and self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Stories speak for themselves. Media coverage and writing samples that stand out.
- Confidence in communication-- whether to reporters, internal parties, or Via’s partner teams around the globe.
- Ability to demonstrate your ability to manage multiple priorities and messages.
- Confident, human writers. We will help you through the process, but we’re looking for someone who can churn out a solid first draft.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?