Transportation Data Analyst (Citymapper)
At Citymapper (powered by Via), we’re on a mission to help make complex cities more accessible to everyday users. Our application transports millions of people in hundreds of cities around the world by giving them access to the most current and sophisticated transportation options available. We make getting around your favorite city easy, so that you can enjoy the ride.
As a Transportation Data Analyst at Citymapper, you will be managing the data that is the backbone of our application’s success. Your work directly impacts our user experience, and is the difference between a user seeing a bus drive away, or reaching it just in time. Millions of users around the world trust our application to be on time for work, a job interview, or a date - and we take great responsibility in fulfilling that need.
What You'll Do:
- You will help to manage the timetable data that powers the Citymapper application. Using proprietary tools and methods, you will transform often messy transit schedules into shiny and reliable user information.
- You will build, validate and ship data to production on a daily basis.
- You will manage data in a range of cities and across different formats.
- You will work with our engineers to build for scale by improving tools and automating tasks.
- You will ensure data quality in our web and mobile products so that users continue to love and trust Citymapper.
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for public transportation and cities, and an interest in how public transportation networks operate.
- You are comfortable dealing with large data sets, and have an eagerness to learn new data skills.
- You take a hands-on, practical, pragmatic attitude to your work.
- You have exceptional attention to detail, and an ability to communicate those details to other collaborators.
- You have up to 3 years of experience working with data, Python and/or common transit data formats (GTFS, TransXChange, Siri, Hafas, etc).
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $65,000 - $85,000 per year
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the Citymapper acquisition, we further empower transit riders with the ability to navigate the urban transport network through intuitive and beautifully designed applications. Our technology and algorithms, which incorporate real-time public transit data and take into account information on disruptions and delays, enable a journey-planning experience that offers the most accurate and timely recommendations.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?