Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Front-End Engineer at Via, you are the driving force of design and UX for the Via application. Your keen eye for design combined with your front-end development skills will help bring our visualization and notification tools to the next level and empower public transit operators to make better and faster decisions.
We recently won Inc. Magazine’s Best in Business Awards in the software category for Companies That Put Purpose Before Profit. They also listed us as one of 17 Ventures That Embody the U.N.’s 17 Sustainability Goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Write clean and efficient front-end code for Via’s app, used by 600+ partners across the world to enable efficient, equitable and affordable transportation for everyone – elderly citizens, people with disabilities, school children and commuters
- Collaborate with talented full-stack and back-end engineers, product designers and product managers to create user-centric and visually appealing products
- Provide your expertise to help guide us through all of the decisions that go into building great product; constantly recommend changes and enhancements
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Act as a mentor for more junior team members
- Stay up to date with new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols
Who You Are:
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 2 years of front-end experience – but we are also ready to welcome senior candidates
- A keen eye for design – feel free to provide your portfolio in the application questions
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience with maps / cartography / geodata is a strong plus; if you’ve worked with any of these technologies, we’ll review your application with great interest: OpenStreetMaps (OSM), GIS, Open OpenLayers, Google Maps, Mapbox, Deck.GL, Leaflet
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.