Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As General Manager, you will manage a first-of-its-kind, intermodal transit service while gaining exposure to a fast-paced tech company. This is not a role where you will be working off the playbook - you will be building the plane while flying it. This makes this a challenging people-facing role that spans entrepreneurship, business development and operations management. We hope you are up for it!
What You'll Do:
- Manage the on-site daily operations of Via’s service on behalf of Summit County
- Prioritize operational issues as a real-time point of contact for drivers and dispatchers and provide creative solutions for scheduling of a 20/7 team
- Manage and mentor the on-site team of dispatchers and shift managers
- Be the face of the operation; develop relationships with driver partners, customers, community leaders, and local organizations
- Liaise closely with Via senior management and Via’s external partners
- Develop clear metrics for the team and visibility into results against KPIs and priorities to the on a weekly basis
- Prepare reports and analyze data to improve operational processes, ensure resources are properly allocated, and maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state, local and company policies, procedures and regulations on service operations
- Lead, coach and develop an engaged team of drivers, fostering a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic environment.
Who You Are:
- Experienced operations manager, with at least 8 -10 years of experience
- You are an independent self-starter, you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility
- You are a savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation
- You desire to foster a culture deeply committed to providing a world class customer service experience
- You are a detail-oriented executor: you’re obsessively action-oriented
- You are an experienced and exceptional leader: people love working with you and for you and you have extensive experience leading support teams
- You are Flexible and adaptable, you love the challenge of adapting to change rapidly and making things work on the fly
- You have a proven track record of managing teams (at least 3-5 years) and developing people - you know how to motivate and get the best work out of every person who you work with
- You are effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously; you can delegate, prioritize, and take responsibility
- You are a problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Experience working in transit a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- We are proud to offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including free medical plans and 401K matching.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.