Legal Trainee (Rechtsreferendar)
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Legal Trainee (Rechtsreferendar), you will be a critical member of our dynamic and global legal team, working closely with a team of highly dedicated lawyers in Europe, Israel, and New York. You will help us grow our business in Europe and continue to launch new projects. Supported by a mentor, you will get to know the multi-layered tasks of an in-house lawyer, as well as gain a unique insight into the legal department at a high-growth scale-up
We will consider full-time and part-time trainees/research associates for a period of 3-6 months.
What You Will Do:
- Support business-critical contracting:
- Support the team in reviewing and coordinating completion of contracts (e.g. NDAs, SaaS agreements, vendor contracts, lease agreements)
- Help maintain and organise contract databases and templates.
- Assist with managing key regulatory and compliance matters:
- Conduct legal and regulatory research and review/apply industry laws, including relevant transportation network services, gig economy, insurance, open source data, and data privacy laws.
- Assist with tracking compliance with GDPR and other data privacy laws through oversight of Data Protection Agreements (DPAs) with vendors and partners.
- Support Via’s internal compliance and corporate governance
- Drive improvements in efficiency and process:
- Develop working knowledge of internal databases and systems in order to pull insights from data in making business decisions.
- Develop and implement ways of improving the efficiency of the legal team through the implementation and management of ticketing systems, document management and filing systems, and KPI tracking.
- Lead and support the continuous maintenance and improvement of forms, processes, and systems.
- Assist with the development of legal processes to enhance scalability and efficiency
- Provide administrative support and assist with special projects, as needed.
Who You Are:
- You have achieved above-average results in your first state exam (1. Staatsexamen)
- You have an analytical mindset and solid critical thinking skills
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong organisational and communication skills and an eagerness to help others.
- A positive can-do attitude, good judgement, and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types, big and small.
- High-energy and enjoy working autonomously.
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry.
- Fluency in German (C2 or native-level)
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.