Full Stack Software Engineer, Remix by Via
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer on one of our product engineering teams, you’ll work in close collaboration with our designers, product managers, and customers to build products that are intensely focused on transit accessibility, equity, and sustainability. Our stack is mostly Typescript (with React, Redux, and Mapbox), Rails, Python, and Postgres/PostGIS. However, it's more important to us that you have experience with full-stack, user-centric development in general than with our specific technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on improving our planning products to help planners explore new concepts, make informed decisions with data, and rally people around their vision.
- Partner with engineers, product managers and designers to scope and ship new features.
- Work with customers to understand user needs, and then build to address those needs.
- Work with a variety of technologies across our stack for different projects, all to deliver great end-to-end user experience.
- Contribute to discussions about engineering best practices and architecture within your relevant area of expertise.
- Build and maintain our processes and tools, to keep our productivity and code quality high
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 3 years of professional software engineering experience, preferably in full-stack, user-centric development.
- Mission-driven: you’re passionate about companies with strong values and missions.
- User-centric: you find value in talking to customers and addressing core customer needs.
- Collaborative, humble, empathetic, and feedback-driven
- Experience in developing complex React applications is a plus, but not required
- Experience with geospatial or mapping technologies is a plus, but not required
Compensation and Benefits (NYC, CA, CO, WA Only)
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable.
- Salary Range: $140,000-$180,000
- We are proud to offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including free medical plans and 401K matching.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.