Product Marketing Associate Principal
We are looking for a Product Marketing Associate Principal. This person will play a critical role in telling Via’s product story to cities, transit agencies, school districts, and corporations. You will work across Product, Marketing, Sales, and Partner Success to define foundational positioning and messaging for Via products and features, conceive, frame, and execute compelling go-to-market plans, support renewal and upsell efforts, and drive successful adoption of our transit software. This role requires the ability to think strategically, work tactically, and create effective and compelling stories, insights, and programs.
Whether you have product marketing experience, a passion for transit or Transitech, or love digging deep into technology products to help make the complex simple, this is a dream job for someone who is ambitious and smart looking to have an immediate impact on a high visibility and deeply cross-functional team. You will have the opportunity not only to influence how this team functions, but also to work across our entire product portfolio, including Via, Remix, and Citymapper product lines.
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
What You'll Do:
The Product Marketing team at Via is focused on a few key goals:
- Define the Via product story: Collaborate with Product and Commercial Teams to develop compelling, differentiated product positioning and messaging throughout the customer journey and across customer types and use cases.
- Drive go-to-market initiatives: Plan the launch of new products and features, and manage the cross-functional roll-out of the plan. Drive product-led growth among existing customer accounts, and ensure the market understands Via’s capabilities to win new business.
- Enable internal teams: Support Sales Enablement, Demand Generation, and Content Marketing programs and campaigns with expertly crafted foundational material that speaks to target personas.
- Conduct partner research: Deeply understand Via’s product and customers, translating their pain points, product feedback, and operational challenges into meaningful “to-dos” for Product, Commercial, and Marketing teams.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 3-8 years of B2B marketing or sales experience, ideally in fast-paced, high-growth businesses; experience planning and executing omnichannel, product-led marketing campaigns.
- Ability to collaborate, build consensus and solve problems across a diverse team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a great writer, presenter and storyteller who inspires teams and stakeholders and can translate complex technical concepts into smart and human value propositions.
- Curious about the Via suite of products and the world of TransitTech, and willing to dig into specifics to understand how each product works and how it is used.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and can execute a campaign from conception to completion (or is excited to learn).
- A customer-first and commercial mindset; the ability to align strategy with the customer journey; experience conducting customer research and translating insights into commercial imperatives.
- Strong analytical skills: you’re able to dig into data and find insights to inform marketing programs. You can also develop KPIs, report on campaign performance, and adjust accordingly.
- Ability to prioritize and manage through complexity – and across time zones!
Compensation and Benefits:
Provide the salary range for NYC, CA, CO, and WA roles only using the below language.
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000 per year
- We are proud to offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including free medical plans and 401K matching.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.