General Manager (m/w/d)
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
In partnership with the Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund GmbH (RMV), we are complementing and extending existing public transport infrastructure in the wider Frankfurt area by filling the gaps in transit, and enabling passengers needing barrier-free transportation to access public transport hubs in a more convenient and flexible way.
As a General Manager (m/w/d), you will supervise daily operations while driving the continuous improvement and growth of our services in the DACH market. This is a role for someone who is eager to roll-up their sleeves and get into the nitty gritty while truly shaping strategy, processes, P&L, and our long-term relationship with our partner.
Please note this hybrid position can be either based in Frankfurt, Darmstadt or Berlin.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and solve problems in real time - collaborate with the wider Via team to create solutions for problems as they arise across all aspects of our operations (e.g. supply, economics, driver growth, marketing, customer support)
- Be the face of the operation; develop relationships with driver partners, customers, community leaders, and local organizations
- Drive growth in the business by leveraging key learnings from active services to shape our product features and operational practices
- Recommend strategies that strike the right balance between service quality and operational excellence while respecting our SLAs
- Manage, mentor, and develop an engaged team of dispatchers and shift managers, fostering a collaborative, cohesive, and energetic environment among them
- Liaise closely with Via senior management and Via’s external partners
- Prepare reports and analyze data to improve operational processes, ensure resources are properly allocated, and maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction
Who You Are:
- Excited about ownership: Ready to tackle large, complex, cross-functional projects from start to finish and drive impactful results.
- A savvy and tactful communicator: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation (both in English and in German)
- Data driven: You are comfortable with analytical tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau) and use data to inform your decision making
- An agile mindset:You navigate change with enthusiasm, ready to strategize, adapt, and dive into hands-on support as needed
- A great leader: You desire to foster a culture deeply committed to providing a world class customer service experience. People enjoy working with you and thrive under your leadership.
- Informed by experience: You have 5+ years of work experience to guide you. We welcome people from all backgrounds - whether you’ve worked at a high-growth startup, in tech, finance or consulting or come from a completely different industry - we want to hear from you.
What We Offer:
- Joining a global employer with over 600 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Becoming part of a company that was awarded for its commitment to social good:
- We are one of 17 Ventures That Embody the U.N.’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Inc. Magazine’s “Best in Business” Awardee in the software category for Companies That Put Purpose Before Profit
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- 30 vacation days a year
- Urban Sports Club membership
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.