Data Operations Associate
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals. Via builds software to make transport better, shared and accessible to everyone. For some partners, we also operate our own transportation services, with in-house drivers, field management, fleet management and support operations functions.
As a Data Operations Associate, you will have a unique opportunity to combine operations, software engineering and data analytics in one role. You will be instrumental in supporting the daily operations of Via's mobility services across the DACH region by finding ways to automate and reengineer day-to-day processes and operations. Together with colleagues from across Via, you will identify opportunities as well as operational pain points and use state of the art technologies to develop and deploy new software or improve and maintain existing tools.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify, prioritize and develop solutions for operational challenges
- Collaboratively contribute to the strategic scaling of a high-growth company
- Design, scope and implement internally used software with our existing tech stack or using new tools when needed
- Conduct data-driven analyses and derive hypotheses to improve our service
- Work closely with our data science and product teams to further develop the tech products and algorithms that support our supply planning and economics
- Dive deep into our TaaS Operations to become an expert in operational best practices when running a Micro- or Paratransit service
Who You Are:
- Analytically skilled and excited to optimize our transport services for riders, drivers and partners
- Meticulous and vigilant, you’re effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility
- You can relate to a wide range of stakeholders and understand how your decisions affect them
- Interested in the commercial aspects of building and growing a scale-up, you keep the bigger picture in mind
- Able to write small programs using a language like Python or Java and query databases with SQL
- Collected 1-2 years of work or internship experience in operations, product management, software development, analytics, and / or AI related fields
- Ideally, you have some experience in working with cloud services like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Fluent in English; while proficiency in German is beneficial, it is not a requirement
What We Offer:
- Joining a global employer with over 600 mobility deployments in 35+ countries
- Becoming part of a company that was awarded for its commitment to social good
- 30 vacation days a year
- Hybrid work environment: a vibrant office situated in Rosa-Luxemburg Straße, with the possibility to combine office and remote work
- Urban Sports Club membership
- Salary range: €50,000 to €60,000 a year plus stock options - final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.