R&D Team Leader
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a R&D Team Leader at Via, you’ll join to our R&D center in TLV. You’ll be leading a team of developers, directly contributing out our product by using cutting-edge technologies. You’ll take a critical part in our mission to shape the future of transportation, affecting tens out thousands of riders daily worldwide.
- Be the full tech owner of your team’s products
- Growing and mentoring your team members
- Take end-to-end professional responsibility over your team’s Agile development life-cycle
- Proactively build your team, recruiting and on-boarding
- Be a hands-on developer in your team - designing, coding, and delivering features to production
- Lead the team’s atmosphere and culture
- BSc. Computer Science or similar.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience in backend or full-stack development
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a web application developer in a hands-on technical leadership position
- Independent, responsible, with a true desire to make an impact
- Passionate about software engineering and constantly expanding your knowledge
- An expert in balancing the trade-offs between technical and product priorities
- Enjoys working with people
- Driven by tough challenges, and producing reliable and scalable solutions
- Enthusiastic about code quality, architecture, design, testing, and performance
- Preferred experience (one or more) -
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Docker, Serverless, etc.
- Full stack development in: Python/JAVA/GO/ROR
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?