Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Software Architect at Via, you’ll join to our R&D center in TLV.
We are offering a unique opportunity to join us as a Software Architect, be part of the founding group of Via's architecture organization and lead Via’s system design to the next level.
In Via we’re making public transportation smarter and building a system that can do anything when it comes to mobility.
As a Software Architect you will be responsible for defining, maintaining and visualizing the design of the domain and the interaction between its components. You will guide, mentor and influence a group of dozens or even hundreds engineers in building an optimized, scalable design, innovate and remove development related roadblocks. You will be part of a leading group of domain architects who work closely with the product and business units on the most strategic opportunities. You will translate strategic business opportunities to system design, create a shared vision and verify the correct problems are being addressed with the best solutions.
What You'll Do
- Define, maintain and visualize intuitive design of the domain and the interaction between its components.
- Identify system commonalities and take active role in consolidating them to infrastructural, standardized elements
- Initiate architectural innovations to remove engineering roadblocks and suboptimal system design
- Lead the strategic feature designs of the domain while seeking for feedback from additional stakeholders
- Collaboration and mentoring of the domain engineering teams in design and code reviews
- Take active role in product and business discussions to create a shared vision
- Hands on coding tasks
- Advocate and plan for scalable system designs based on customer needs and company growth
Who You Are
- B.Sc Computer Science, Mathematics, or any related degree
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in backend or full-stack development
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as an architect of a large scale system
- Proven mentoring/leading experience
- All-around team player and self-motivated highly independent individual
- Passionate for system design, seeing the big picture and at the same time maintaining the ability to deep dive into details
- Excellent communication skills
- Humble and low ego
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Something looks off?