Strategic Finance Associate Principal
Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As Strategic Finance Associate Principal you will lead high-priority financial projects to drive rapid growth, guide Via’s strategy and create long term value. You’ll have the chance to own critical workstreams from start to finish, collaborate closely with Via’s leadership team and work cross-functionally with our Sales, Product and Operations teams to manage risks and identify opportunities for the business. This is an opportunity to join a high-impact team at the heart of Via where you’ll play an integral role in helping us scale.
This role is based in either NYC or London, with a hybrid in-office schedule.
What You'll Do:
- Drive evaluation of key business initiatives including new products, pricing & revenue strategies, strategic partnerships, new market entry, and more
- Interpret key operational performance indicators, growth trends, and competitive positioning to inform strategic recommendations for senior management and Board of Directors
- Work cross-functionally with the Operations, Growth, Data, and Partnerships teams to streamline the implementation of initiatives and processes across the organization
- Work closely with the CFO and CRO as well as Sales, Partner Success, and Operations leaders to develop Via’s revenue strategy and price opportunities with software partners around the world
- Work on corporate development initiatives (financings, M&A opportunities, investor relations, board and investor materials)
Who You Are:
- Exceptional Excel and financial modeling skills with a knack for robust simplicity
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to both crunch numbers and discuss your analysis
- Sophisticated understanding of corporate finance and accounting
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility, operates with urgency, and proactively drives business results
- Creative and solutions-oriented; you’re able to think on your feet when presented with a tough problem and willing to develop new approaches to challenges
- Passionate, kind and a real team player
- Minimum of 2-4 years of such experience in private equity, investment banking, management consulting, transaction services or in strategic finance / corporate finance / FP&A at either a high-growth startup or a blue chip company
- Bachelor’s Degree
Compensation and Benefits: Note that this range only applies to NYC based candidates
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.