Senior Product Engineer
- Fully Remote
- $2,500 - 3,200/month
We are looking for a highly-motivated and ambitious individual to join our team as a Senior Product Engineer. As a Senior Product Engineer, you will use your expertise and passion in designing and implementing new software systems and features to multiply the overall output of our development team. You will work with the rest of the team in analyzing, improving, and maintaining our existing systems to adapt them to our evolving business and/or technology changes.
Your strengths lie in prioritization, communication, and execution, proven by a strong track record of delivering high-quality projects on time and within budget. You will ensure that VoyceMe’s vision is realized through the development of top-notch code. As one of the first product engineers at VoyceMe, you will have the opportunity to define and influence VoyceMe’s overall technical strategy and direction, contributing to fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous upskilling.
Who we are
At VoyceMe, we’re building the first English-originated platform for manga/webtoons/web novels. We allow fans to interact with other fans, fans to connect with their favorite authors, and universes to be created from original series by authors. We help authors monetize their stories, build and engage their fan base, and share their Voyce. We are building the future of storytelling within the anime world!
Our (current) tech stack:
Whom we’re looking for
At a high level, we’re looking for someone who will:
- Transform business requirements into a technologically advanced, high-performing software system design, and architecture within program technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Find the underlying causes of the most complicated software problems, then provide technological solutions that are usable, effective, and long-lasting
- Keep abreast of new developments in technology and vendor offerings
- Evaluate and offer suggestions as required and then execute to develop successful solutions
- Participate in agile software planning and development activities including daily standups, user story grooming, task breakdown, and effort estimation
- Mentor mid-level and junior-level software engineers to enable the growth of their skills and expertise through suggestions, coaching, and learning opportunities
- Establish best practices for software development procedures, improve existing ones, and create new ones
- Adhere to industry standard security-conscious development practices
- Act part of the strategy team, helping with product, speed, and data analysis
- Design and implement a scalable and resilient system architecture for existing and future products.
What you’ll need
The following experience is relevant to us:
- BSc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar. Otherwise at least 5 years of specific Software Engineering experience
- At least 5 years of System Design (architecture, modules, components, and interfaces) and System Analysis experience
- Extensive data structure flows, algorithm knowledge, and verifiable experience
- Impeccable and verifiable debugging and analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience with containerization, microservices, serverless and related tech
- Experience implementing CI/CD, TDD, Defensive Programming, and similar development practices
- Extensive experience working in an Agile environment with a preference for scrum and Kanban
- Extensive experience working and delivering continuous value on remote, globally distributed teams
Bonus points if you have:
- An MSc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar
- Experience working in a startup/agile team
- Experience in gamification and monetizing systems
- Experience in entertainment and media industries
- A love for manga, anime, and/or webtoons!
Something looks off?