Brand Partnerships Manager (Ad Sales)
What we're looking for
Workweek is looking for a Brand Partnerships Manager to help us bring the future of B2B media to life by building truly consultative partnerships with both brands and agencies.
We're looking for a consistently organized and strategic Brand Partnerships Manager who loves to get creative with branded and custom partnerships. This person will assist in overseeing the Brand Partnership team and work together with our Account Management team to deliver programs across a variety of B2B content verticals and media channels - from supporting the sponsorship executions of one of the best DTC go to market podcasts to helping bring to life strategic event executions with our marketing creators, and more.
Ideally, this person possesses a strong bias for action while maintaining order and attention to detail as well as strong client relationship skills. The Brand Partnerships Manager will be able to work collaboratively with our Account Management team to balance company priorities and goals with the priorities and goals of our clients, in order to execute strategic campaigns and renewals. Above all, we're looking for a great teammate who's excited to use their skills towards accomplishing our mission — and wants to have a lot of fun doing it.
Note: This is a full-time position. You'll always be able to work remotely wherever you want, but we have an office in Austin, TX for anyone who wants to work IRL. All work will be done in English.
- Manage and support a team of 4 Brand Partnerships
- Carry a team quota (i.e. coach the team towards hitting the quota, but jump in as a player when needed to help them cross the line)
- Support the team in developing and pitching creative partnerships across across an array of B2B media products, from newsletters and podcasts to events and sponsored content, as well as across an array of Workweek’s Creators (i.e. different B2B industries)
- Help sell full-cycle deals (this will often include ideation, selling, and renewals, and sometimes assistance with outreach)
- Manage the pipeline of the pod to ensure the team is making most of their efforts and goals are predictability being achieved
- Collaborate directly with Director of Brand Partnerships to establish quarterly and annual goals
- Forecast, track, and report on the team’s performance
- Provide feedback and input on how to improve systems, processes, and products with scale in mind
- 5+ years of digital or integrated media sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- History of managing B2B stakeholders at various levels of seniority
- Basic understanding of digital media operations
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a deeply collaborative approach
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills — you must be able to thoughtfully and efficiently work with others.
- Ability to operate and represent yourself in a way that aligns with Workweek's core values
- Competitive pay (we don't pay based on location, we assign value to the role)
- Equity in Workweek
- Async operations (when possible) with the ability to work in the time zone of your choice (or work IRL in our Austin, TX or New York City office)
- 25 days of PTO (i.e. 200 hours) per year
- 100% health insurance coverage, 75% coverage for dependents, and $150/month towards an HSA (or $150/month health stipend if insurance not used)
- 120 days of parental leave to use within 1 year of childbirth (available 12 months after your start date and only available every 365 days)
- 401(k) plan with 3.5% company match
- $500/year stipend for any home office needs
- 5-week sabbatical after 4 years on staff
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Unlimited book orders from Amazon
- Want to start a new company? We will be the first investor in your startup if you’ve been with Workweek for 3 years
Note: At Workweek, we’re passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.