Senior Software Engineer
Early this year, CLEAR announced it has acquired Whyline, a leading provider of virtual queuing and appointment technology. Whyline helps organizations across industries manage customer flows through the use of virtual queuing. Using Whyline’s mobile app, users can see live wait-times, enter into the queue remotely or pre-book their appointment and let the software wait on their behalf.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused and customer-centric developer to join our team where you would be responsible for enhancing WHYLINE solution across different verticals. This role offers an exciting opportunity to create and iterate on new versions of the platform while influencing architecture, and tackling our unique technical challenges. This is an amazing opportunity to help drive growth of our product and our team.
An SE 3 candidate should be comfortable with coming up with an architecture to solve a business need with relatively little supervision. Given a relatively broad problem, they should be able to ask questions to refine the scope of what we are trying to solve. They should be able to design a solution that might consist of multiple services, and demonstrate expert-level knowledge of design patterns, database design, and suggest how they would apply technologies they have used in the past. Given the type of business CLEAR is, they should be able to understand and call out security and privacy concerns. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing scalable backend services and software, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Design, build or enhance backend platform services that power CLEAR/WHYLINE’s user-facing applications
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability as well as functional tests
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Understand various systems in our platform and how to orchestrate them to support use cases across our apps
- Work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to determine different use cases for the CLEAR/WHYLINE API
Who You Are:
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience building backend services. Strong knowledge of NodeJs
- Using the latest front-end technology, creating adaptable interfaces for online apps
- Experience developing and publishing APIs
- Good understanding on NodeJS asynchronous runtime
- Knowledge of WebSockets
- Web application deployment, CI/CD
- Experience with event-based system design
- Experience with MongoDB/NoSQL database and redis
- Strong knowledge of web service development (RESTful)
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and collaboration skills
How You’ll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when you’re at your best, we’re at our best. You’ll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer and easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, you’ll enjoy benefits like meals and snacks. We invest in your well-being and learning & development with our stipend and reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility and adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you and your dependents, and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light and the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members and hundreds of partners around the world, CLEAR’s identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, and travel. Whether it’s at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, and more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.
Something looks off?