Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals and health services for members, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll take part in a company culture that cares deeply about its work and its team members.
Ollie is seeking an Operations Manager to lead all areas of fulfillment within our Wilkes Barre, PA location.
This position will report directly to the General Manager of Fulfillment, PA.
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of 20 to 40 Ollie Team members
- Manage aspects of fulfillment, including order generation, production, packing, shipping, receiving, and managing inventory for Ollie’s core products.
- Communicate policies to Associates and act as an information source for the team, maintain compliance, consistency, and take corrective action when needed.
- Create and maintain a safe and healthy work environment for Ollie’s team members and product.
- Oversee incoming vendor deliveries for accuracy and ensure product conditions meet company standards; secure legible notations from transportation companies regarding damages or discrepancies.
- Oversee continual cycle count process within the warehouse and performs monthly inventory match process.
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment.
- Operations Manager will be responsible when the General Manager is not present in the facility.
- 3+ years of work experience managing a fulfillment center in a relevant role at a successful management consulting firm or other strategic operations role.
- Deep expertise in direct-to-consumer fulfillment, third-party logistics, and managing inventory for a growing business.
- Experience with food safety and workplace safety is a plus
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
- Working knowledge of inventory management
- Excellent organization, planning skills and strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proven track record of taking ownership, driving results, and managing change.
- Ability to dive deep and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions.
- Must maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Must be able to stand for most of the day in a non-temperature-controlled environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- A love of pets and Ollie’s mission to improve the lives of pups everywhere.
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Free Ollie subscription
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.