Sylva is on a mission to buy, build, and grow niche online communities. We operate as a fully-remote, highly-decentralized organization. We want to create an environment where all of our teammates can do the best work of their lives and share in the upside of the company that we’re building together.
The Controller is a senior position within Sylva and will work closely with the executive leadership team. This position is responsible and accountable for leading the financial controls and transactional financial operations function. The Controller also will work closely on budgeting, forecasting, treasury, and business partnering efforts.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement and maintain effective, efficient, and compliant accounting systems, processes, and controls to enable the provision of accurate, timely, and complete financial and management reporting, cash flow/treasury, and taxation management
- Working collaboratively, partner with the business and key stakeholders through the provision of quality and timely financial advice and support to enable effective decision making and maintain compliance with US GAAP (or IFRS, as applicable)
- Drive optimal business performance by identifying and implementing improvement and efficiency opportunities and ensuring efficient financial integration for new acquisitions
- Deliver best-in-class financial and management reporting with strong month-end close process
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial projections
- Support sound accounts payable and accounts receivable services
- Managing all aspects of technical accounting, month end close and annual audit cycle
- Lead the efforts to proactively provide efficient, accurate, and timely production of consolidated financial statements.
- Oversee Senior Accountant and help grow the team as appropriate.
- Strong Netsuite experience
- Multi-business line and diversified revenue experience required
- Scale-up experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years experience in public accounting, preferably one of the big 4 accounting firms
- 5-7 years experience in a managerial financial reporting role at a mid to large size private company
- CA / CPA or equivalent qualification
- Must have working knowledge of personnel, finance, and accounting systems to oversee financial and accounting activities.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO (with mandatory 2 weeks per year)
- Immediate 401k contribution with a non-elective contribution of 3% from Sylva. This means Sylva will always contribute 3%.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly WFH stipend
- One-time workplace setup reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave Policy - 16 weeks fully paid for all parents (birthing, non birthing, foster, adoptive, etc.)
- All employees have access to an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) which provides extended health & wellness benefits
- Remote first culture
Something looks off?