Director of Finance
Sylva is on a mission to buy, build, and grow niche online communities. We operate as a fully-remote, highly-decentralized organization. We want to create an environment where all of our teammates can do the best work of their lives and share in the upside of the company that we’re building together.
We are looking for a Director of Finance to join our team and help us drive our financial strategy and operations to the next level. With many operating businesses under our umbrella, this is a particularly important role at the company and your impact will be profound. Our ideal candidate is an experienced but hungry finance leader who wants to grow with the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and developing the accounting team, ensuring accurate and timely financial statements, and compliance with GAAP and other regulatory requirements; executing on monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes
- Developing budgets, forecasts, and strategic financial plans to provide insights and analysis for business decisions
- Partnering with business unit leaders to develop and implement financial strategies that align with the company's overall objectives
- Assisting with the fundraising process, including financial due diligence and financial modeling
- Evaluating and optimizing financial systems and processes to support scalable growth
- Providing financial leadership to support M&A and other strategic initiatives
- Helping to hire, manage, and develop a remote-first finance team as the company grows
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7-10 years experience in public accounting, preferably one of the big 4 accounting firms
- 5-7 years experience in a managerial financial reporting role at a mid to large size private company
- CA / CPA or equivalent qualification
- Netsuite experience is required
- Deep understanding of subscription-based metric calculations and concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate financial information in an easy-to-understand format
- Ability to operate with significant autonomy: defining and executing on plans without substantial oversight
- Experience in the media or consumer subscription spaces
- Experience with M&A work
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO (with mandatory 2 weeks per year)
- Immediate 401k contribution with a non-elective contribution of 3% from Sylva. This means Sylva will always contribute 3%.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly WFH stipend
- One-time workplace setup reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave Policy - 16 weeks fully paid for all parents (birthing, non birthing, foster, adoptive, etc.)
- All employees have access to an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) which provides extended health & wellness benefits
- Remote first culture
Something looks off?