Strategy & Business Operations Associate/Sr. Associate
Strategy & Business Operations Associate/Sr. Associate at Sylva Inc.
We are seeking a driven Associate/Sr. Associate to join our close-knit Strategy & Business Operations team. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of building our platform to support exciting growth-stage companies, primarily in media and tech.
Sylva is a holding company of media, tech, and community businesses across a variety of sectors. Our Strategy & Business Operations team is responsible for a range of mission-critical tasks, from building playbooks and products that benefit all of our businesses to embedding directly as a right-hand-person to CEOs of individual businesses.
You should be excited to tackle projects at every level of the business; in the course of a single day you may conduct a customer interview, work on the go-to-market plan for a new product, run a pricing analysis, and discuss overall strategy with the CEO of the holding company.
You should apply for this role if you want to get hands’-on experience building companies. You should not apply for this role if you (just) want to build decks and models. You will be busy, but you will not be bored.
Individuals who are successful in this role may have the opportunity to step into a GM role or other leadership role at one of our companies, incubate their own company under the Sylva umbrella, or may continue working at the corporate level across multiple companies.
- Work closely with portfolio companies on strategic and operational projects
- Conduct market research and develop strategic analyses
- Identify new business opportunities and drive them from ideation to profitability
- Build basic financial models and create presentations to showcase analysis and recommendations
- Ideate, develop, and execute go-to-market strategies across a variety of products and industry sectors
- Build relationships with portfolio company CEOs and executives at the holding company level
- 2-4 years of experience in consulting, banking, investing or similar
- Passion for working with media and tech companies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to flex across strategic and operational areas
- Resourceful self-starter comfortable with ambiguity
- Great relationship building and communication skills
Compensation: $100-120k + bonus