Senior Software Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Wild Thinkers Welcome
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make existing products better or create new ones to meet customer needs.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us there. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you become a Thrasher, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula or pillow brand we grow, with every kitchen scale we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
Do complex data ingestion challenges interest you? What about building data warehousing solutions to help our company scale as we ingest data from hundreds of sources as we continue to accelerate our brand acquisition? The Data Engineering Team at Thrasio is responsible for all aspects of data sourcing/crawling, data integration, and warehouse engineering, including the web scraping, monitoring, development, maintenance, and administration of our rapidly scaling data warehouse! We're looking for a hands-on senior software engineer to help lead the effort in designing and building the systems that will help Thrasio scale into our next phase of growth.
- Architect and build robust systems for managing large-scale data processing
- Work closely with Data Scientists, Data Analytics Engineers, and Analysts
- Architect and build processes for monitoring data sanity and checking for data availability and reliability.
- Build connectors integrating APIs from external systems.
- Build data ingestion pipelines
- Build web scrapers
- Support batch and real-time data processing built on Airflow, Snowflake, dbt, and Spark.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering teams, business stakeholders, and project management to ensure high-quality deliverables are met on time.
- Provide technical leadership to team, analyze tradeoffs of designs, and partner with team members to arrive at the most optimal solution.
- Mentor junior engineers and establish best engineering practices across the team.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Development, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- At least 5 years of experience in software engineering
- Solid understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Exceptional coding skills in a structured language (e.g. Python, Java, C#, C++, etc.)
- Solid SQL skills.
Nice to have skills:
- Strong background in data warehouse principles, architecture, design and its implementation at large scale.
- Experience with AWS cloud services.
- Experience working with data orchestration tools such as Airflow and dbt.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Thrasio
Something looks off?